Wednesday, May 21, 2008
What is courage?
I've been thinking a lot about courage lately. What is courage? How is it displayed? Do I demonstrate courage? While these thoughts and questions of courage have been on my mind lately, I was attracted to a sermon the other day on courage. There were many great points in the sermon, but one quote really captured my interest. The preacher read a very insightful quote from C.S. Lewis, "Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." How true! It takes courage to react with patience and gentleness towards those who have been hurtful. Will they still be hurtful, even in the face of patience and love? It takes courage to demonstrate integrity when it would be easier to tell a lie. It takes courage to replace our trust in financial security with a trust in God's provision. Courage is the point when we choose to put into action all the other virtues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Good post, friend! I think you and Tommy have displayed great courage in protecting sound doctrine. Thanks for standing up for the truth!
Post a Comment