Wednesday, September 10, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go

So my grandma is seriously a hoot! I have way too many funny stories about her. She is definitely one of a kind! This weekend Tommy and I are planning on visiting her for some good old grandma time! She's 85 and still living on her own! Since we are visiting my grandmother this weekend, I thought it would only be appropriate to share a good grandma story. Enjoy!

While in college I received a game called Wise and Otherwise. This game consists of ancient sayings from all over the world. Each round a different player designated as the "reader" reads the first half of a saying. Then everyone else makes up the second half of the saying and as you might have guessed hilariousness ensues! The reader of the saying reads all the made up endings and the actual ending of the saying. Then all the other participants have to guess, which one is the real ending. Well, one summer evening I was playing with my family, grandma, and my good friend Valerie. The saying started, "He who is held by the throat..." Everyone jotted down their made up endings and turned them in to the reader. However, we didn't' get very far in that round because one the first sayings to be read went like this, "He who is held by the throat...the sucka' will die." No one could control their laughter. Instantly we all knew who had been the author of that far fetched statement. Ancient sayings aren't really compatible with the word "sucka". And to top it off, it was grandmother that used the word "sucka." To make matters worse, my grandmother couldn't understand why it was so funny. She kept repeating, "But the sucker really would die!" Now this has become a famous quote in our family..."The Sucka' Will Die!"

1 comment:

nick&abby said...

oh my word, that's awesome...go Grandma... :)